Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lunes

Today at Malba I translated and edited the labels for the Escuelismo exhibit. It was nice to have a project that I will see the results of on June 17th! I also got a brochure from last month’s Manuel Álvarez Bravo exhibit which I’m sad to have missed. Álvarez Bravo is the most influential Latin American photographer of the twentieth century who was known for archetypal portraits of Mexican beauty. One of the photographs in the exhibit I had chosen to do a writeup of during photo class this semester (ART 136…take it) because I liked it so much:

Qué chiquito es el mundo

Dos pares de piernas

Trabajadores del mundo

This one was not in the exhibit, but…..Manuel Álvarez Bravo + Frida Kahlo.

I walked back to my bus stop at sunset today. The homes on the way (Palermo Viejo) are beautiful.

Avenida del Libertador where I catch the 102

Tonight the men cooked again and it was wonderful. They are now playing chess. We are all camped out in 602 (our room is 303) because there is wireless here.


I must share this picture of Nikos, me, Elena, and Nico trying to look somber in the Recoleta cemetery.

Tomorrow we eat dinner at the apartamento of Andres Von Buch, a Pierson alum who is supposed to be a ricosuave.

Also: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandthehalfbloodprince/

1 comment:

  1. Catarina Portena,
    I am watching your evolution and it is fascinating! Keep the posts coming!
    xox mamarina

    ReplyDelete